Friday, December 10, 2010

Our Kids

Well, most of you know by now about who we are adopting from Haiti, so I thought we should finally make an official blog post about it!

In late October we were sent files on 3 children. One child was from and Lifeline orphanage and the other 2 were from Maison des Enfants de Dieu orphanage in Port-au-Prince. During that time Stephen and I were extremely busy going separate directions and hadn't had the time to sit down and prayerfully consider our options. We had been approved by our home study agency to adopt up to 3 children. The only stipulation was that the children would need to be from the same orphanage. When we initially opened the children's files, the first file we opened was of a little boy named Samson. I immediately fell in love. He was wearing a little red Google shirt (probably donated by Google) and had a sweet smile. He was born in May of 2010. The next file we opened was of a little girl named Lydie. She was born in June of 2009.  She looked spunky and her big brown eyes melted our hearts. Stephen felt a tug in his heart immediately for her.

We had been told by our agency that Maison's fees were a little more expensive than Lifelines. We were kind of feeling at that point that we would have to choose between Samson and Lydie. As the week went by, neither one of us felt settled in our hearts as we prayed and talked about our decision, so on Friday, October 29th we sat down and made our decision. We were supposed to take a leap of faith and adopt both! Immediately when we made that decision, both of us had tremendous peace in our hearts. We got home and called our agency and told them the good news. They were very excited for us and at that moment it became official.

Tonight, we received an email from the Haiti Program coordinator from our adoption agency, here is a little piece of it:  I am really excited to work with your family! When I lived in Haiti, I spent a great deal of time at Lydie and Samson’s orphanage where I also adopted two children from. I remember Lydie quite well…she is a beautiful child and was one of my favorite kids to play with at the orphanage. I had the pleasure to meet Samson in October and November when I was in Haiti…he is also an amazing child! I am really excited for you and consider it a privilege to work with you on bringing them home to join your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment