Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Beautiful Jewelry

If you have had a chance to watch the Apparent Project video, you have seen how the beautiful Haitian Artisans make their beads. They used recycled materials such as cereal boxes. When I received my shipment of products to sell on Monday, I was stunned at the beauty of each piece. Each one is uniquely handcrafted. I'm so excited to be able to help the people of Haiti in this way. The Apparent Project's mission is to provide a means for mothers and fathers to keep their children so they don't have to take them to an orphanage for financial reasons.

These are perfect Christmas gifts! The box I received on this shipment is not for our adoption fundraising. If I have success selling these items, I may choose to receive a box of bracelets to sell in the future.  If you see an item you just have to have, please let me know!  Most of the items comes with a bio on the artist who made it which makes them extra special!

Christmas Tree Ornaments (Stephen loves these! $8)

Small bag for credit cards, passports, etc. $6


Earrings $5 (I have many different colors to choose from)

Key Chains $5

Cross ornaments $5

Child's bracelets $5

Christmas garland $25

Bracelets $5-6

More bracelets 

Short Necklaces $14

Short necklace $15 The artist who made this, Elinord, is a single mother of two who has suffered much in life including being the victim of domestic abuse. She is currently homeless and trying to save enough money to rent a home. She is one of the hardest working women in the Apparent Project program and is extremely intelligent with so much potential!

Short Necklaces $14

Short Necklaces

Long Necklaces $18-$22

Long Necklace (close-up is picture above)

Long Necklace $22 (reaches below my belly button)

Long Necklace $18

Long Necklace

Long Necklace

Long Necklace $18 (Nathan made this. He was orphaned by his mother's death as a boy. His father has done his best to raise Nathan and his two brothers in very harsh conditions. Remarkably, Nathan has been able to finish 11th grade and wants to use his earnings to finish school and go on to university.


I have 160 items to sell so there is lots to choose from! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Naomi!

    I really like the necklace that is the fourth picture up (Long Necklace $18). If you still have it, I would like to purchase it. Also, if you have two of the white ornaments, I could go for two of those also.

    Let me know. :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi! Just thought I would let you know that the "long as I am tall necklace" for $25 is actually a string of Christmas garland. I'm at the AP nearly every week and they make those at Christmas time for garland. You might have a better chance of selling if you market it that way! Haha! Sooooo glad you are doing this! Love, love, love the people at AP! When you coming to Haiti again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisabeth! Thank you so much! Mandy Hemingway informed me of that fact a little bit ago! Makes a lot more sense!!! Haha! That would be VERY pretty wrapped around a Christmas tree and not several times around a neck! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete