Thursday, January 5, 2012

Adoption Update

I was trying to come up with a snazzy title for this blog post, but my brain is fried. We received word yesterday that our adoption decree (making Lydie & Samson legally ours in Haiti's eyes) is in the National Archives. It goes there to get signatures verified. Then, it will be going to another government office (Minister of Justice) to get verified, and yet again another office (Minister of Foreign Affairs) for further verification of signatures.

...no one told us this would be easy.

Labor isn't easy either, is it?

I was chatting with my mom last night describing our "due date" as being a moving target lasting much longer than 9 months. I laugh because Stephen was due on Christmas Day 1974 and he didn't arrive till Groundhog's Day 1975. His poor mother. The kid was over 10 pounds. I digress...

We are also working on our paperwork to update our fingerprints for USCIS (immigration). Our fingerprints expire on February 28th. We get one free extension--it downright shocks me that this is free!  We will have to travel down to Des Moines again to get them re-done. They had trouble reading mine the last time. I'm sure one more year of lots of typing hasn't improved them.

Moving right along....

5 comments:

  1. wonderful news, and love the progress and movement! Yes, it is not easy..........but oh how worth it this is!!! We are so thrilled to have "met" so many new families in the same process and now watch and cheer with each new movement we see!
    Blessings~
    Shelly~Lovely's Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Naomi! We continue to pray! :)

    You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi-
    So glad you got good news and that there is movement on your adoption!!
    The wait is never easy. I like how you liken it to labor. Slow, painful at times, but with a very happy ending. And if you focus on that, it sometimes makes it bearable.

    Thinking of you and praying for you!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This IS exciting news!
    Have you started nesting....that is the question?
    And the fact that your fingerprints expire is what surprises me. I thought that was something that happened when you died. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh 'bout forgot. I like what you did to the place. Love the header!

    ReplyDelete