Our visit with Jan, our case worker went well yesterday. We met at my workplace to go over the 9 page report that she wrote about us, made corrections and finalized a few things. She has been giving us great advice. It's an answer to prayer that she is a believer in Christ and understands the process that we're going through because she's been in our shoes. I told her at the end of our meeting yesterday that I really felt we had gained a friend through all of this. It's been a huge blessing!
Today I am working on our cover letter that goes to Haiti. It basically introduces ourselves and expresses the desire to adopt from their country. It was a bit difficult to get started cause how do you write a letter asking somebody to let you have a kid from their country? But the Lord really guided me during the writing process and I feel like I have a good first draft.
Stephen and I plan on taking a short vacation next week before school starts. We decided to stay in Des Moines for a few days. We'd like to go to the Apple Store and the Woodright Shop (Apple for me, Woodright for him) and want to stop at the Living History Farm for Stephen. He takes his kids there every year for a field trip and needs to do a little research.
On Thursday we will no longer be Iowa State Fair virgins! We have never been there and decided this is the year to go. We are both anxious to try deep fat fried butter and food on a stick!
No comments:
Post a Comment