Many years ago, I made a decision to not watch rated R movies anymore. I got a lot of flack, but I've never felt like my life was lacking because of this decision. Recently, I came across this blog post. This is not meant to be a "holier than thou" message, but an encouragement from one sister-in-Christ to another to BE CAREFUL!
Many "Christians" really aren't interested in hearing the truth of God's Word lately. We've made excuses to live like we want to live despite what the Bible says how we are to conduct ourselves. We all struggle with our sin nature, but God gives us the tools to win!
You can read her post HERE.
Me too Naomi. Even PG - 13 a lot of times has too many naked body parts for my taste. i don't like surprised in that area especially so staying away from the toxic r is the least i can do to avoid them.
ReplyDeleteWell said! Thanks so much for sharing this post! I recently (a couple months ago) went through our movie collection and am getting rid of those movies we have in our collection that are not kid-friendly. However, after reading the post, it made me wonder if they were really adult-friendly either. We don't watch movies much anyways so it doesn't make sense to keep them (de-cluttering!). I was going to put them on the garage sale, but your post has made me think again...perhaps I'll just pitch them (break them up so no one else can watch them). Thanks for being bold and being "uncool"!! (I really think you are VERY cool...but that is JMO!) :~)
ReplyDelete