Remember that old Sunday school tune?
He's still working on me. To make me what I ought to be. It took six days to make the moon and the stars..the sun and Earth and Jupiter and Mars. How lovely and patient he must be...He's still working on me.
I'm sorry faithful readers. I've been a terrible blogger lately. There has been no shortage of things to write about, chiefly we received word, while surrounded by my wonderful family, that Lydie & Samson have passports! It goes without saying how great this feels. We are on the last step in this adoption process. The finish line is in view.
God has not wasted this time of waiting. There are things he's been working out in both of us. He's been healing deep hurts in our hearts (my heart especially). We've been blessed to have meetings with a couple from the church we've been attending to work out some things.
Sometimes it's a painful process...to identify the wounds and why they hurt so bad. But it's freeing to know everything can be taken to Jesus and He mends it.
Then, just like that, a dear friend calls on a Thursday afternoon and says his one-year-old son's kidneys appear to have stopped functioning. All of a sudden the difficulties and reality of a very broken world come rushing back. But then I witness the love of two parents, caring for their child and God's mercy falling all over them.
My heart struggles with handling this. But as I sat in the hospital room with my friend, we wonder how anybody could navigate the tough stuff without Jesus. I'm glad Jesus is there for them. He's a wonderful counselor. And I'm glad He's there for me. I need Him. No doubt about it.
"There really ought to be....a sign upon my heart....don't judge me yet, there's an un-finished part...." :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE that song! Love you too Nomi- we are planning a trip home for 2 weeks at Christmas & I sure would love our kids to be able to meet & play with each other. :) Prayers, prayers, prayers! - Jenny
I'm hoping that my trials and my weaknesses have not been cause for your pain.
ReplyDelete