I had my visit with the psychiatrist today. It was at the Cedar Center in Cedar Rapids. The guy was very nice, smiled at me a lot. The visit felt kind of silly, but it's necessary to meet the requirements of the Haiti Government. My visit only lasted about 25 minutes. He asked me questions about my history, whether I had ever had a concussion that led to loss of consciousness, seizures, my general mood, thoughts of suicide, things like that. The bill for that quick visit was $280! It does get billed to my insurance though, so hopefully they will pay it.
I was nervous during my visit. He asked me if I had ever visited with a psychiatrist before. I said I hadn't and I think he sensed it. When I walked into his office he had three chairs to pick from. I asked him which chair he preferred for me to sit at and he said it didn't matter and "it's not a test". That made me crack up because I was so conscious of doing something that he might psychoanalyze.
Stephen's visit is tomorrow.
yeah those first visits cost a ton of money!! So you got psychoanalyzed huh.
ReplyDeleteHow did Stephen's session go?
ReplyDelete