Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweet Anticipation and a message to myself



You can't rush these things. You can't force a flower to bloom. You can't force paperwork to move faster.

I've experienced a lot of angst lately. I can't relax. Can't settle down. I feel like my brain is going 100 MPH. Saturday night I watched one of my all-time favorite movies--Phenomenon. When John Travolta's character experienced those moments of calm, quiet in the movie, I found myself longing for that peace. Breathe in...breathe out. Settle down Naomi.

Real, lasting peace comes from the Holy Spirit. The next morning as I stood in my kitchen, staring at my unopened Amaryllis plant, it hit me. Or should I say, the peace of God came over me. I breathed Him in. His Spirit spoke to my heart, "it's going to be okay".

I have to admit. This "step" has sort of scared me from the beginning. A year ago, as I researched the Haiti adoption process, those three little letters M-O-I kept coming up in old blogs from 2007 "stuck in MOI for X amount of months." It's so easy to get stuck focusing on Goliath and not on the One who can slay Goliath.

If you are just starting out in this process, let me lend a piece of advice. Focus on the One who called you to this and not on all the rumors and rumors of rumors that WILL come. Be sure God has called you and your spouse to this because your faith will be tested.  Surround yourself with people that you trust and give you support and pray with you. So much of my support is still Team Haiti. We celebrate each other's triumphs and pray for each other when things get hard. Our team has 43 members now and it is just an amazing group of lovely people.

It's going to be okay. Breathe in, breathe out. Focus on what God can do. He is mighty to save!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Naomi. Praying for you this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this today! We've had such a hard time waiting the last month or so! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete