Friday, November 4, 2011

Team Haiti

It started with 7 families in March. "Team Haiti"-my lifeline. The people who know exactly what we're going through. Prayer warriors, friends for life. It's a group of adopting families-27 members and growing. All adopting from Maison. Our kids know each other, we know each other. We communicate on a daily basis, offering encouragement to those who need encouragement. We answer each other's questions, we share photos and videos. On family bonding trips those of us who aren't able to travel to Haiti receive word from those who have about how our kids are doing.  I don't know where I would be emotionally without these people in my life. They are all gifts from God.

November is National Adoption Month and Sunday, November 6th is Orphan Sunday. I felt a need to make a video and present it to our home church and ask for people to pray for those currently waiting for their children to come home.  Prayer from God's people activates the Heavens. Would you consider praying along with us?

These families have beautiful hearts. I can say with certainty that none of them feel what they are doing is amazing. They are just answering a call. Please pray for my dear Team Haiti friends.



P.S. Just a little note about the song I chose for this video. It is written by another Haiti adoptive mom Cindy Foote. She is adopting from a different orphanage and waiting just like us. I felt the song was so perfect for this video so I asked her if I could use it. If you have a minute, stop by her place and check out her music or offer an encouraging word. 

3 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you!

    Powerful song, cute kids, lovely families, well done video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a video! Thanks for putting it together! What a reminder of what families go through to get their "children home". We will definitely be praying for you and the rest of the families!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your singing, that has to be your mom and dad?
    Tim Kensora

    ReplyDelete