Now, as I walk the streets of academia, I think to myself, "I'm 10+ years older than most of the students here." Thankfully, it was an away game on Saturday so I was able to move freely about the place. Though I never attended as a student, I spent a lot of time here visiting my soon to be husband. I went to a community college in a nearby town and would often stop by on my way home to hang out.
The Schindler Education Building where Stephen spent most of his time
I used to think these buildings were huge when I was a kid. I loved Christmas time when the students would decorate their windows with lights.
I love being in my home town. It's so quaint. So, familiar. It gives me a chance to remember some very good times. I loved my childhood, loved my adolescent years, loved the college days. Some people long to forget their childhood, but I enjoyed mine. Sure, those days weren't perfect, but they were much more simple. Black and white. So much laughter. Maturity sometimes thrown out the window. We all have to grow up some time.
Of course, I had to go here before I left for mom and dad's! mmmmm
Growing up is overrated.
do i really have to grown up? ;)
ReplyDeletei use to wonder about that too as a kid. when we were in iowa city with my dad at the hospital we would drive by campus & i'd watch the students & dream about what it would be like when 'i grew up?'
enjoyed your post Nome! I went to UNI for a year and a half or something. It was very intimidating for me. But if i walked through buildings like i knew were i was going then people would think i DID know where i was going. If i went there today i could care less and would probably hang out with the janitors.
ReplyDelete