The man never stops. He may have an energizer battery pack tucked away somewhere and I just haven't found it yet.
He's a handyman. He's renovated our house from top to bottom and just keeps going. It's 10:30 p.m. and I just heard the skill saw running outside.
There's so much I could say about the man I married nearly 14 years ago. He is my best friend. Although it irritates me sometimes, I am so blessed to have someone in my life who knows exactly who I am.
Stephen wars against the status quo. Sometimes he is misunderstood, but he wants what is best for those around him. He doesn't really care what people think as long as he knows it is what God has called him to do. He isn't afraid to speak the truth and will go out of his way to bless others. He listens intently to the Spirit's call on his life.
Stephen started a new job in July. It hasn't been the easiest transition and many projects around the house remained unfinished because of the unexpected loss of a summer break. Last weekend the weight of it all became temporarily overwhelming. How were we going to get all this stuff done before the kids got here? We had put a lot of pressure on ourselves. We discussed the possibility of having to say no to things, even if they were good things.
God usually has different plans doesn't he? This afternoon I received an email from my aunt who asked if Stephen would be willing to help my uncle bail corn stalks as they were feeling overwhelmed and my uncle was experiencing terrible back pain. Stephen rearranged his schedule so tomorrow he can go help my uncle.
When Stephen made the decision to follow Christ many years ago, he never turned back. His greatest passion is knowing who Jesus is. He makes no apologies about that. It was a blessing to me to watch him live out his faith today.
If there are any single ladies reading this post, let me offer this piece of advice. Don't settle. You deserve someone who loves the Lord with his whole heart. It's the only way he will know how to truly love you.
A couple weeks ago I asked Stephen to share his thoughts on adoption. You can read his story here.
We sure do have a lot of fun together! Of course, no marriage is without it's bumps along the way. I don't want to give you the wrong impression of pure wedded bliss. Those size 13's rarely go where they are suppose to go! But on the stuff that really matters, I know I hit the jackpot!
Lydie and Samson, you have an awesome, strong, caring, and weird dad. I know you will love him as much as I do.
Hey there's Kitty!
ReplyDeleteOkay...people who don't know Naomi in 'real life' that house is beautiful & I intend to ask her if I can crash it one of these days!!! Oh yes I do! :)
Ya' here that Naomi???
And, she doesn't lie. She has an amazing husband who is better at chinese fire drill than anyone I know!
Love ya' Nome!
I am one of those fortunate that gets to nod my head in agreement. :) Thanks for putting into words what you so greatly get to experience each day! (And your home is so beautiful! He has done an amazing job!)
ReplyDeleteSamson and Lydie will know (if they don't already) what an amazing father they have in Stephen. But don't forget...you are their amazing mother! :)
Thanks for sharing your heart Nome! You are loved!
This is what I'm talking about when you and i talk about living aware of the blessings we have from God and with gratitude. I wasn't nodding my head during the first paragraph, i was laughing out loud because YES that is so Stephen!!!
ReplyDeleteRemember - if anything, the less than complete home may make the kids feel more at home. Where they are coming from (at least the world around them not necessarily their living space) is in shambles. Plus they can see their Dad in action finishing the projects and that is something they will remember forever!